Back to Beauty Blogging; Non-Binary Edition

 Greetings! 

Welcome to my new, but definitely not my first, beauty blog. I officially retired my old handle in 2017 after 7 years, and I think it may just be best to let sleeping blogs lie and make a fresh start! 

A lot has changed since I decided to throw in the towel; the popularity of blogging, my gender identity, my geographical location… my faith in humanity. But I digress. It feels weird stepping foot back into the blogosphere with 2024 right around the corner in the age of TikTok, but damnit, I’m being the change I want to see! 

With this blog, I promise to you, the reader, that I will not:

  • Make sensationalist claims about products, as nobody likes clickbait
  • Jeopardize the integrity of this blog by not disclosing brand relationships, PR, etc. 
  • Waste your time with excessive fluff  
  • Wantonly encourage consumerism - I’m here to help you make an informed choice, not to persuade you
The reason I got into beauty blogging in the first place was that it was a more succinct method of relaying information than YouTube videos (which, at the time, were capped off at 10 minutes with limited editing capabilities), plus I’ve found picture swatches are better representations than wildly waving an arm around a screen.

Previous post categories have included reviews, swatches, beauty sightings, hauls, sale announcements, etc.  I’m planning on trimming that down to primarily focus on reviews, but a few miscellaneous posts may slip in from time to time. 

Before signing off, I’d like to introduce myself:

Hi! I’m Artie, I have fair/light neutral acne prone skin, dark brown fine textured hair, hazel hooded eyes and I use they/them pronouns. I’ve recently hit my 30s, my tropical print button ups rival those of a Palm Beach retiree, I’m disabled, I work part time so don’t expect any Chanel advent calendars, ok? I’ve got a pet rabbit named Bingus and I try to buy cruelty free (but I consider TJ Maxx and other discount stores fair game). 

As for beauty, I tend to avoid foundations, enjoy bright colored eyeshadow, have an unreasonable amount of fragrances, and stick to the more affordable options. 

See y’all soon!

Artie

They/Them

Comments